Please join me in welcoming our new Cubmaster, Chris Stevens, and our new Committee Chair, John Michael Doyle! In addition, we have two new Assistant Cubmasters: Chris Brown will be our new Camping Coordinator and Jeff Riley will be our Advancement Coordinator. They’ll get support from all of our current Den Leaders, who have committed to their roles in the next year.
Many, many thanks also to the parents who signed up for committee roles for our various pack-wide events and services:
Blue & Gold Banquet, Rochelle Stevens
Pinewood Derby Chief, Paul Mooring
Big Trip, Courtney Massey
Service Project, Lisa Fisher
Treasurer, Thomas Hancock
Fundraising Coordinator (Popcorn Kernel), Michael Lo
Fundraising Assistant (Lootenant Kernal), Sara Wade
Of course, we must thank our fabulous spouses, Megan and Shelly- couldn’t have done this without you!
James and I are extremely grateful for all the support you have shown us over the past four years. We are full of admiration for you, your scouts, and your Den Leaders for showing flexibility and can-do spirit during the pandemic. We feel we just accomplished our most important goal, inspiring new leaders to take the reins. You’re in great hands with this new crew!
We are a pack of over 70 families and 86 scouts, we’re strong, and we’re full of potential. You know that a scout is loyal- we’ll be with you through this transition and we’re excited to see the places you will go!
Yours in Scouting,
Mike Cottrell, Cubmaster Emeritus
James Bratton, Committee Chair Emeritus
K, 1st and 2nd Graders – Click here for sign-up!
3rd, 4th and 5th Graders – Click here for sign-up!
Every year Pack 345 has a Big Trip! that is an overnight adventure to a unique attraction such as the USS Yorktown (aircraft carrier in Charleston SC), Space Camp (Huntsville, AL), or Nature’s Classroom (Mentone, Alabama).
This year our Big Trip! Is going to be divided into three trips designed for our different ranks. The main reason for dividing the trip up is to follow the COVID-19 precautions at each site. Spaces are limited and registration is first come, first served.
About siblings: We want all of our events to be for the whole family. However, the sites we’re visiting have COVID-19 protocols that restrict the size of the groups they welcome. Therefore, we ask that you register only one parent per scout and don’t register siblings who are not Pack 345 scouts. One week before the closing of registration, if there is room, we’ll open up registration for siblings or an additional parent on a first come, first served basis.
Lions, Tigers, and Wolves (Grades K-2): Overnight at the Atlanta Zoo Friday, March 28
Our youngest scouts can participate in the Nightcrawlers adventure at the Atlanta Zoo. This is an overnight event for Scouts ages 6 and up. They have COVID precautions in place that require masking. Details and registration can be found here [link to Pack 345 informational page].
Bears, Webelos, and AOLs (Grades 3-5) Overnight at the GA Aquarium
Our older Scouts can participate in a sleepover night at the Georgia Aquarium. This is an overnight event for Scouts aged 7 and up. They also have COVID precautions in place that l require masking. Details and registration can be found here [link to Pack 345 informational page]. Due to registration limits these scout ranks will be divided into one night for the Bears on Saturday March 19 and a separate night, Friday April 1, for the Webelos and AOLs.
We hope you join us in the adventures, but we understand if your family chooses to not participate. We hope to return to a normal, “destination” Big Trip, like Space Camp, when circumstances permit.
Pack 345 is a non-profit organization and is entirely self-funded. We strive to keep individual dues low in order to make scouting accessible to as many families as possible; however, the Pack is heavily dependent on fundraising to cover baseline scout expenses including registration fees and scout awards, and subsidize the cost of scouting events for scouts and their family members.
Our most important fundraiser each year is through popcorn sales. The Popcorn Fundraiser is our only major fundraising event of the year. We’re aiming for 100% participation and can only do it with you! Your effort helps us pay for our Pack’s activities, like the Pinewood Derby, as well as supporting regional and national Scouting resources that benefit our pack, like Bert Adams Scout Camp where we go camping. We hope that between now and December 19th, 2021, you will help us get to 100% participation.
We ask for your family’s support in Fundraising this year by committing to these 3 actions this year.
- Download and Sign up for www.trails-end.com (or use the app)
- Ask 30 of your friends, family and coworkers to support your scout. Do this in person or via social media, email or text.
- Sign up for a 1 hour shift at one of our scheduled storefront sales.
Below are some great reference guides
- Handout for Fundraising/Popcorn Kickoff (for parents)
- Trails End App Quick Start Guide for parents
- 2021 Online Product Lineup
- How to Sell $1000 in just 8 hours socially distanced
Sign up here! Registration is open until 8/9
Sunday, August 15th at Coolray Field, Gwinnett Stripers vs the Durham Bulls. First pitch is at 1:05pm. Wear your red Pack 345 shirt!
Stay after the game to run the bases! We will be sitting together in Section 105 (Great seats on the visitor side – in the shade!). We are getting a group discount – each ticket is $11.00. You can pay via PayPal and we will send you your tickets electronically. Your phone is your ticket!
More Details here!
Please use the below link to register. Pack Dues for 2021/2022 will be $120 for the full year and will be invoiced thru PayPal before Oct 1st. Registration is our best opportunity to update your contact information and let us know you are returning. This link is for existing Scouts returning for another exciting year!
Welcome new families! Please use this link to register to be a Cub Scout. You will also need to complete the link above to complete registration with Pack 345. Registration is $97.00 for the first time scouts. An additional $23.00 will be invoiced for Pack 345 yearly dues.
Our 2021 Cub Calendar is here!
CUB SCOUT PACK 345 CALENDAR for 2021-2022_v2
2021/2022 is filled with camping at two NEW locations for Pack 345!
In September we will be camping at the Spooky-Ree Campout at Woodruf Scout Camp in Blairsville Ga. The Spooky-Ree is an event full of STEM activities, arts & crafts, Scout skills, physical challenges, games, shooting sports and more!
In November we will be camping at Lawhorn Scout Base in Molena, Ga. We have reserved the Archery and BB ranges for an afternoon of shooting for just our Pack!
Fun Pack meetings and adventures are also scheduled, check out our calendar for what is planned!
Guidance for Cub Pack 345’s Meeting on Sunday, May 15 2022
With an increase in the number of self-reported positive COVID cases within the GLOBE community, and since this pack meeting will span language tracks from grades K-5 attending both campuses, the May 15 Pack meeting will follow GLOBE’s March 2022 GLOBE COVID Communique guidelines. Our pack leaders ask that:
- All scouts, scouts’ family members, and den leaders will wear a mask indoors and outdoors during the pack meeting, except when eating or drinking.
- If you tested positive for COVID-19 or have symptoms, regardless of vaccination status, on or after Tuesday, May 10, please stay home and don’t come to the pack meeting.
- If you were exposed to COVID-19 on or after Tuesday, May 10 and are NOT up to date on COVID-19 vaccinations, stay home and don’t come to the pack meeting.
- If you or your child are exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19, please seek a COVID-19 test and receive a negative result before participating in the May 15 pack meeting at school. You do not need to show proof of a negative test because a scout is trustworthy.
- If you were exposed to COVID-19 and are up to date on COVID-19 vaccinations, you can come to the pack meeting and wear a mask.
Two meeting options, in-person or drive-thru
In-person – September 26th (see Den times below)
This is a new way for us to meet; We will need your help to make it both fun and safe! We are meeting outside and in-person at McDaniel Park (The GLOBE Academy lower campus park)
- 11:00 am to 11:45am – New Lion Scouts (Welcome!)
- Noon to 12:45pm – Tiger Scouts and our Phoenix girls Den
- 2:00 pm to 2:45pm – Wolf Scouts
- 3:00 pm to 3:45pm – Bear Scouts
- 4:00 pm to 4:45 pm – Webelo Den 1
- 5:00 pm to 5:45 pm – Webelo Dens 2 and 3
- 6:00 pm to 6:45 pm – Webelo Den 4
- Welcome activity
- Rank advancement ceremony (Pack 345 is providing each scout with a new neckerchief and slide this year!)
- Popcorn Kick-off
- Class A Uniforms please! (Button-up Blue Shirts)
- Self-check your family before coming to the meeting. Please stay home if you are experiencing systems or have had virus exposure before the meeting.
- Face masks are required
- Keep socially distanced
- When your Rank’s time slot is complete please allow room for the next rank to arrive (go home! 😊). Please keep your scouts off the playground.
- Bring a folding chair for you and your scout.
- In the event of bad weather we will reschedule
Drive-thru Advancement – September 27th, 5pm to 6pm
We have a ‘Drive thru” rank advancement option for families uncomfortable meeting in person. The Drive-Thru will be held Sunday, September 27th, 5pm to 6pm, at the GLOBE Academy Lower campus parking lot.
Cub Scouts is an active program for children in kindergarten through fifth grade that encourages learning, friendship, and most of all fun! Youth learn by doing, and there is no end to the fun things that your family will do with Pack 345. We camp under the stars, tie knots, visit fire stations, race Pine Derby cars and shoot bows and arrows. There is no limit to the fun things your Scout and you will do.
Pack 345’s Google Calender for 2019-2020 can be found here