Blue and Gold – Outdoor Scouting Fun! – March 13th
Please let us know if you plan to attend here –> Blue and Gold Sign-up
It is time to celebrate the birthday of scouting- another Cub Pack 345 Blue and Gold event! Please join us for a birthday picnic and rocket launching fun on Saturday, March 13 at 10:00am at Bert Adams Scout Reservation (BASR). Attend if you do not have symptoms of COVID-19 or if you have not been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the previous 2 weeks.
We’ll meet up for a day of socially distanced family fun, rockets, den-level scouting activities, Pinewood Derby recognition, and popcorn pie-in-the-face rewards. We have reserved campsites for families who wish to camp on Saturday night but we’re not hosting a formal Cup Pack 345 campout. So, please communicate with your den leader or families in our pack whom you’re friends with if you want to make arrangements for camping, cooking, and hanging out together. – Blue and Gold Sign-up here
Here are the details of our schedule for Saturday:
- 10:00 AM – Families arrive at Grant Field to set up a socially distanced picnic spot; everyone is wearing masks
- 10:30 AM – Opening Ceremony led by he Cubmaster and instructions for the day
- 11:00 – Rockets for lower ranks Lion, Tiger, Wolf; Upper ranks pursue den-level activities
- 12:30 – Break for picnic lunch; each family brings their own lunch and dines as they like
- 1:30 – Rockets for upper ranks; lower ranks pursue den-level activities
- 1:45 – Lower rank parent meeting at the Bert Adams Outdoor Skills Programs building
- 3:00 – Pinewood Derby awards next to the pool house
- 3:30 – Popcorn Pie-in-the Face Awards next to the pool house
- 4:00 – Closing ceremony
- 4:30 – Families who are not camping can depart or spend time at BASR
Rockets: We will hold rocket launching sessions by rank to support social distancing. We advise that families come prepared with a ready-to-fire rocket and class C rocket engine if desired. The troop will supply rocket launch pads, A and B class engines for scouts, engine supplies, and a work table for last-minute fixes. We will invite adults in attendance to help us guide the scouts. Of note: a good source for rockets might be your local Michael’s craft store or hobby shop. More on this to come.
Pinewood Derby Awards: Recognition of each den’s fastest car; the pack fastest, touring, and aesthetic categories.
Popcorn Awards: Parents of highest selling scouts in each den will get a pie in the face from their scout.
Campfire: Cubmaster Mike Cottrell will lead the ceremonies.
We look forward to seeing you in masks and high spirits!
Yours in Scouting.