Feb, March, and April Pack Events!
Subject: Cub Pack 345 Winter Update: Pinewood Derby + Blue & Gold and more!
Good evening Cub Pack 345, I hope this message finds you well and thriving! I want to share a few updates with you about pack events in the next few months. Before I do that, I want to give our den leaders my heartiest thanks for their perseverance in this unusual scouting year. Cub Pack 345 runs on volunteers and they are sustaining our organization with ingenuity and compassion!
Upcoming dates to note include:
- Pinewood Derby – Saturday February 27
- The derby will be 100% virtual
- Need volunteers with technical talent to share races on Facebook or other online platform
- Families will drop off cars at the Cottrells’ house on a weeknight beforehand
- No practice runs- one series of heats per den and done
- Blue and Gold Outdoor Picnic and Rockets! – March 13 at Bert Adams Scout Camp
- COVID-safe practices apply: masks all day, social distancing, and hand-washing
- Families bring their own picnic; dens can picnic together but socially distanced
- Rockets will be by den so that we can do social distancing
- We’ll do the popcorn pie-in-the-face reward here; this year, it will be the scout and his or her parent, not a scout and den leader
- There will be optional family camping Saturday night; no pack activities
- Webelos Only Campout at Woodruff Scout Camp March 26-28
- Working on Arrow of Light advancement
- Pack camping April 16-18 (all are welcome) Bert Adams Scout Camp
- Baloo outdoor camping skills training dates for leaders or any registered adult member of the pack who has completed YPT training
- BALOO Training @ Burt Adams March 5 to 7 2021
- BALOO Training @ Allatoona Scout base May 2021 May 8 to May 9
- BALOO – Cub Outdoor Leader Training | Atlanta Area Council | Boy Scouts of America
Families should keep in mind that my Webelo scout and James Bratton’s Webelo scout will “graduate” from Cub Scouts in the next six months or so. This means we will depart Cub Pack 345. So, we are beginning our search for new leaders now to effect a smooth transition in late spring. Are you ready to serve? Let me know!
Finally, here’s a resource for family-led adventures from the Southern Crescent district of the Atlanta Area Council. Check out these rank-level activities and tell your den leader you will pitch in to host or lead this activity!
Yours in Scouting,
Pack 345 Cubmaster
Website: The GLOBE Academy Cub Pack 345
Facebook: Cub Pack 345