Pack Summer Fishing!
Hello, Pack 345
I’m excited about fishing next weekend! We have made a few changes to our plans. The biggest change – We are not planning to camp. This will be a one-day Pack event (We have great camping opportunities planned in September and November).
In lieu of camping, we have added a visit to a very cool museum along our route home.
We are going to visit the Museum of Aviation!
Saturday, July 24th, 2021
- 9:00 AM to 9:15 AM Assemble and Check-in at the Georgia Go-Fish Center in Perry Ga. (Address below – We will meet in the parking lot)
- 9:15 AM to Noon – Enjoy the aquarium, museum, and fishing ponds.
- Noon to 1:00pm – Picnic lunch at the Go-fish center
- 1:00 pm depart for the Museum of Aviation in Warner Robins Ga (30 minutes north – back towards Atlanta)
- 1:30 to 4:00 PM – Enjoy the Museum of Aviation and depart when you are ready
Pack 345 will provide admission for both the Go-Fish Center and for the Museum of Aviation. Please sign-up using our registration link below. I will purchase tickets and we will pay as a group.
Family and siblings are invited!
Show your Pack 345 pride by wearing your Red pack T-shirt
It’s a long drive – About 2 hours and 15 minutes. Plan to leave Atlanta by 7am. Bring snacks and your lunch – It’s going to be a long, fun day!
About the Go-Fish Center
- 1255 Perry Parkway, Perry, GA 31069, 478-988-6701
- freshwater aquariums featuring trout, largemouth bass and more
- Catch and release live fish in the stocked pond (poles and bait provided as a part of admission)
- Interactive fishing and boating simulators
- Self-Guided Hatchery tour
About the Museum of Aviation
- 1942 Heritage Blvd, Robins AFB, GA 31098
- Indoor and outdoor Aircraft Exhibits (over 80 planes!)
- Georgia Aviation Hall of Fame
- Masks are required in the Museum
- No Climbing onto or Entering Aircraft or Vehicles (Please help us remind our scouts)
What to bring:
- Water bottle
- Sunscreen and hat
- Folding Chairs
- Picnic/Bag Lunch/small cooler
- Comfy shoes
- Rain gear or umbrella
Other important notes:
- It may be hot, be prepared
- All fishing is Catch and Release
- Go-Fish provides fishing poles and bait – no need to bring your gear
- You can leave and re-enter the center with your ticket
- They have limited staff you please help keep eyes on our kids (It takes a village!)
- No swimming in the ponds
- Go-Fish has Picnic tables onsite
- Masking is required indoors for all participants – be aware we are in a public space and we cannot control other’s adherence to masking.
Less important (but still important) notes 😊
- You may arrive late or leave early if needed – Please sign-up so I can get your tickets to you.
- Our Cubs do not need a fishing license
- Individuals 16 and over must have a valid Georgia fishing license to catch and release fish (licenses can be purchased online or at the Go Fish admission counter).
- You are welcome to bring Frisbees, balls, etc. to play with if the fishing is slow.
- There are Gift Shops at both locations
- There are pay $$ simulators at the Museum of Aviation
- The Go Fish center has a shooting simulator indoors
Please email your Cubmaster if you have questions and please sign up here
Link to Maps